Believe it or not, but last weekend I was actually camping under the stars in the desert...
There are no words to describe this, other than utterly amazing...
Last Friday and Saturday we spent our time seeing different places and learning more about a life with some things so different to ours, and some so much the same. We were so warmly welcomed and so well looked after - and this by people that we hardly know.. Really it's something very special...
On the Friday night we camped in Wadi Araba after driving around all afternoon... We watched the sun set over the sand dunes and had a great dinner cooked for us. I'm sure that this is one of the most remote place I have ever been. And the stars - well not even South Sudan could compete with them. On Saturday we went exploring in other places before returning back to Amman on Saturday evening.
Below are a few pictures from this wonderful weekend..

The Desert.......

Karine and I, heading home after our weekend away!
Over the last few weeks we've managed to see many places... We went to the Jerash festival & to the Dead Sea a few weeks before this..

Sun setting on the Dead Sea with the hills of Palestine in the back..

A concert in the small ampitheatre at the Jerash festival the week before last..

Some of the ruins at Jerash.
There are no words to describe this, other than utterly amazing...
Last Friday and Saturday we spent our time seeing different places and learning more about a life with some things so different to ours, and some so much the same. We were so warmly welcomed and so well looked after - and this by people that we hardly know.. Really it's something very special...
On the Friday night we camped in Wadi Araba after driving around all afternoon... We watched the sun set over the sand dunes and had a great dinner cooked for us. I'm sure that this is one of the most remote place I have ever been. And the stars - well not even South Sudan could compete with them. On Saturday we went exploring in other places before returning back to Amman on Saturday evening.
Below are a few pictures from this wonderful weekend..
The Desert.......
Karine and I, heading home after our weekend away!
Over the last few weeks we've managed to see many places... We went to the Jerash festival & to the Dead Sea a few weeks before this..
Sun setting on the Dead Sea with the hills of Palestine in the back..
A concert in the small ampitheatre at the Jerash festival the week before last..
Some of the ruins at Jerash.
No comments:
Post a Comment